Openwell (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Openwell, of Angel Court, 81 St Clements, OXFORD OX4 1AW, UK. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Alex Lloyd-Davies.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site openwell.co (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you contact us via our site, search our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time);
- products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.;
- name and job title;
- when you contact us via email, we collect your contact information including email address for the legitimate interest of contacting you regarding services that would be of interest to you;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, for the legitimate interest of tailoring service recommendations to you;
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, for the legitimate interest of better tailoring our service offerings to you.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.We will use this information:
to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used through us, including without limitation other social network(s) that we may provide from time to time;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you.We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services (including other social networking services) that may interest you or them; and
- Internal record keeping;
- use the information to improve our products and services;
- periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting and being a legitimate interest, using the email address which you have provided;
- also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We will not share your personal information outside our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will not share your information outside of selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (Legal basis: contract);
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties outside of the following events:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we must disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets (lawful basis: contract).
- If Openwellor substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets (lawful basis: contract).
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your consent, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your rights & choices
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask your consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by proactively checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the rights to rectification, erasure, restrict processing, data portability, or object at any time by contacting us at Openwell, Angel Court, 81 St Clements, OXFORD, OX4 1AW, UK, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can choose not to provide us with personal data. If you choose to do this, you can continue to use the website and browse its pages, but we will not be able to process transactions without personal data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised by writing to email@example.com.
Updated February 2021